• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

96 motor to 94 body

tommystunes

Recruit
Reaction score
I bent the frame on my 96 6.5.I listed it for sale on the other site, and no interest was shown.
I have found a 94 6.5 with a bad motor,what would the swap from a 96 to 94 entail?

What to do about the IP/ECM difference??

As long as you keep all the electronics and accessories in the 94 the motors should be the same. That should be a 141 block out of the 96, only difference would be main cap bolt size. Accessory positions are different and PCMs are different which is why you would have to keep all of it from the 94. It wont go from the 96 into the 94 as easy becuase 94 didnt even have a fuse/relay center under the hood and chaning out harnessess is a pain usually.

As long as the IP in the 94 is not a 5068 your IP on your 96 is the same functionally ad can be used. Any IP can be used on a 94, just need the corresdponing chip inside the PCM.

I agree 100%

Just use all the stuff off the 94 truck on the 96 engine and your set.

The 5068 IP's were found in the heavy duty 2500 trucks (unless someone swapped it out along with the ECM)

Basically just use the long engine.
Keep the turbo, wastegate controler and such from the 94 too.

The accessory brackets are different from 94 - 96 too. 92 to 95 were all about the same but 96 saw the AC pump and the alternator swap spots.

If your 96 has the dual T stat crossover you can use that.

The engine is not going to care at all.

Missy

Back