• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

96 Chevy Dashboard

Brooklyn Tow

9 11 Never Forget
Reaction score
There are three screws on the top of the dash holding it down....(The rattle stop screws)...The left screw (Drivers side) does not seem to thread and catch anything.....Whats back there?......Any advice besides taking the dash apart?

Any help/advice welcome.

Louis, if it's like any other dash I've had apart there is a tab with a hole in it. Then one of those clips with a smaller hole slips over that. It may have broke or just slipped off to the side.

If yours is broke or missing a body shop would carry them, I probably have some here, I have a few parts vehicles to keep my old stable running:smile5:

If a larger screw doesn't work dropping the dash is about your only option....it really isn't that bad, just the screws on top, the two 13mm??? bolts underneath, and the steering column. You may not even have to take the column off of the firewall to pull the dash back far enough.

Back