• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

95 SUBURBAN to a 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON

Glad to hear it...I need to chase that fuel leak and then start on rebuilding the front end...I also need to order that nickel plated yolk...you have too many part #'s in that post to decipher which one is the correct one for my setup...

Glad we got to meet up and have dinner with You and Faye and see how much Patrick has grown since the last time we were down there...Cherish every minute my friend...they grow up so fast...Andrew is 14 and in High School now...time flies!

FIRM, nice write up and conversion.
If I may, I'd like information of the Duramax CAC/IC install in the GMT400, I'm considering this for my Burb do you know what years CAC/IC fit, will it work with my existing radiator, is it an easy install or?

It was ALOT of work to fit the DURAMAX IC into the core support, but it's doable. I used the 01-05 style which is all aluminum, but several over at DP have used the 06-10 style with the plastic end tanks. The 6.5L and DURAMAX radiators use the same size core, but the DURAMAX radiator on the drivers side angles as the side tank goes down to increase clearance where the IC connection is. I know it can be made to work though as several have done it.

Thanks FERM, there is an 06-10 style Duramax aftermarket unit available w/cast tanks I've been considering this route as opposed to the 2nd gen Cummins aftermarket unit which is all aluminum sheeting for tanks as opposed to cast. Just trying to figure which would be less a PITA to do.

Thanks FERM, there is an 06-10 style Duramax aftermarket unit available w/cast tanks I've been considering this route as opposed to the 2nd gen Cummins aftermarket unit which is all aluminum sheeting for tanks as opposed to cast. Just trying to figure which would be less a PITA to do.
Depending on the unit, it may not fit. Some of the aftermarket ones have a much thicker core.

Back