• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

95 ifs differential cv axle flange seals?

hereismylife

formerly j k auto
Reaction score
Both drivers & pass side leak. I got the pass side flange apart but the flange axle will not come out?

Anyone know how to get the flange axles out?

thanks

Drivers side pops out, passenger side requires that you unbolt the right side axle tube from the center aluminum housing and then you take the central axle disconnect off and there is a retaining ring in there that holds it in.

thank you. I was wedging stuff and beating it with a rubber malet and it won't come out. So now it is all back together for now. I want to make sure I cover my basics before I try this again this week.......:thumbsup:

driver side flange can be a bitch too if the internal snap ring is hung up.
I had one that would'nt pop out no matter how hard i tried

Yea I thought they both had a snap ring. I do know that the pass side won't move so hopefully the drivers side is loose:thumbsup:

Once you get the passenger side tube unbolted from the center section, you can take a metal bar or something and go through the center and knock the drivers side one out. I had to do this when I changed the gears in my front axle. Getting the front diff out isn't too terribly bad of a job on a 350, and should be doable with a 6.5. I don't know how tight things are with your CUMMINS in there, but I know it takes about a day to get mine out:eek:. I have to get the engine loose which requires pulling the front end and radiator support out to do, then lift the engine up while the trans is dropped down to get to the passenger side mounting bolts and the drivers side upper. Sure wish I would have done a body lift now as it is pretty tight in mine.

Once you get the passenger side tube unbolted from the center section, you can take a metal bar or something and go through the center and knock the drivers side one out. I had to do this when I changed the gears in my front axle. Getting the front diff out isn't too terribly bad of a job on a 350, and should be doable with a 6.5. I don't know how tight things are with your CUMMINS in there, but I know it takes about a day to get mine out:eek:. I have to get the engine loose which requires pulling the front end and radiator support out to do, then lift the engine up while the trans is dropped down to get to the passenger side mounting bolts and the drivers side upper. Sure wish I would have done a body lift now as it is pretty tight in mine.

That is good info.:thumbsup:
Thanks I will keep that in mind. Looks like a winner):h

update....

I am going to either pull the the differential down and go from there or keep working on the axle seal...

I am going to get this replaced before I get amsoil in there.....:thumbsup:

Well I now have the ifs out and yes it is not easy to do. Working on the drivers side axle tom.:mad2:

I found that most outer seals "all BIG brands" for the 9.25" IFS diff are defective being canted in their bores "so carefully inspect them" before installing.

Yeah. I've heard that, too. I think there's a thread about it on here somewhere, that also goes into more details as brands/suppliers involved and who provides good ones now.

Back