• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

95 H1 Hummer with Mechanical Turbo

cander27

Reaction score
Howdy, new here and brought a delightfully head-scratching problem that I'm currently having after an engine swap. Cracked the old 6.5 NA, put in a new 6.5 GEP with a Super 77 Turbo. Worked great for two weeks after being rebuilt and now I'm dead in the water as the truck isn't applying power to the drive train.

Other than that, love my truck! It's been the best tool to have throughout multiple hurricanes and floods (Houston). Used it to clear neighborhoods in Mexico Beach after Hurricane Michael, hauling two to three pine trees at a time...not to mention just getting to Mexico Beach the day after the hurricane. It is a blast, my 2yo son loves it, my wife thinks it is fun when it is not having issues.

Welcome. I also have a 95 (HMCO), replaced my gm with an optimizer and added gm6 turbo.

Btw, for those not familiar a super 77 is a gm7 centermount turbo with a wicked wheel2 in it. Probably still a db2 ip, 4l80e, np242

Cander, I need some more info.
Sounds like engine is running ok, idles- revs up, but no driveline movement?

If correct- check transmission a d transfer case linkage didn’t get knocked into neutral either at shifter or underneath.

Pull cover and inspect torque converter is still bolted to flex plate (sometimes forgetting to tighten and they come out).

Check transmission fluid is full and doesn’t smell burnt.
Have you had any slipping feeling or sounds - like a bicycle with a loose chain?
Check all 4 halfshafts (cv axles) are intact and bolted in through the brake disk.

Any noises, things that felt odd, etc.?

Any more info you can share will help.
If you post a YouTube video and post a link here to see and hear what’s happening, that might help a lot.

Wondering if you messed the transmissions pump up when installing the engine. There have been many trans pumps ruined during a engine replacement.
I thought about that, but for it to drive two weeks ok, then die? Possible I suppose but having done that myself when I was young, it didn’t move 1/8 mile, let alone go two weeks.

Back