• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

94 k2500 rear frame dimensions

Steezy17!

Reaction score
Doing a full resto on a gmt 400 6.5 I noticed right at the rear spring brackets my frame kicks out like wings on both sides and trying to put my hitch up and it’s a mile off any one help a guy out with a few measurements would apppreciate the time it’s alil awkward to see I braced it in place before removing Ross members but it’s about 1/2 to5/8 bowed out on bothside

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 7
As many as I can get long story short someone owed me money and they offered me a 6.5 and it’s turned into a complete ground up rebuild but the frame has definetly been welded in places and twisted I wish I could get my hands on the factor manual or the upfitters books for this year to get the whole layout brackets etc but I’d be fine with just a measurement outside to outside frame at the far rear maybe one over the axel, one on the transition and one in the middle of the belly I think I could def kinda see where I’m at with it and if it’s salvageable or build a new one

Grisley1958 where did u find those lower control arms at I’ve looked all over for a set those look brand new or you got them blasted

Grisley1958 where did u find those lower control arms at I’ve looked all over for a set those look brand new or you got them blasted
They were bought off a rusty 2001HD. They are not sandblasted, I used a needle scale to remove the rust and painted them with Rustoleum hammered finish silver.

They were bought off a rusty 2001HD. They are not sandblasted, I used a needle scale to remove the rust and painted them with Rustoleum hammered finish silver.
That Rustoleum hammered series of paint is some tough stuff. No primer required, just paint it on and done and, it does stickz

Back