• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

94 k2500. bucking and kipping

devildogadam

Reaction score
I have a 1994 k2500 eclb 6.5 td vin f. Was towing a rather heavy load tonight and after I unloaded thd trailer the truck was running great. Then for a few minutes she started bucking and kipping. It cleardd up once I got it too the top of a hill then was ran fine for the rest of the night. Any ideas

Does sound like lack of fuel.
Could be:
OPS
Filter/s
Lift pump
Tank sock
Fuel cap
Air in system
Cloged lines
Swollen/kinked rubber line behind FFM

Do you have a guage for fuel PSI?

What is the ops? I do not have a fuel pressure guage. I do however have the stock lp wired so it is on as long as the ignition is on. I can hear the lp running. I know that doesn't really mean that I am getting enough fuel, but it is on.

O ok it is the oil pressure sensor that engages the lift pump. I have that bypassed that and have ran the lp on its own circuit so it is on as long as the key is on the lift pump is running.

O ok it is the oil pressure sensor that engages the lift pump. I have that bypassed that and have ran the lp on its own circuit so it is on as long as the key is on the lift pump is running.

It may be running, but is it pumping?

So now it is stalling and reving up on its own. If I leave it idle it will start to die then rev up to around 2k then just keep jumping back and forth. I have swapped out the pmd just because I had one and wanted to get that out of the way. It will normally only die if I try to accelerate hard after I get up to speed it will shut down then take a bit to start back up.

So, same problem with different PMDs right? If yes IP would be my thought. Might be worth a try to swap PCM.
Reving up on its own is never a lack of fuel problem, so it looks like its the IP or PCM.

That's true. Yes it has a new pmd with the same problem. I wish i had another ecm to swap in. Ips can expensive I am dreading that

Has anybody ever had the throttle peddle fail on them. And if so when it did could it cause some of the problems I am having?

I be honest. I don't do computers much. It is really a shock that I was able to join a forum. I have no clue how to update my sig.

well i am glad to report that all of my problems are gone and many other little things fixed along the way!!! turned out to be the in tank sock, i never thought it would cause that much of a problem. it got to the point where i could not accelerate or it would just die the second i pushed down the throttle. clogged tank sock removed it ran like a champ then i bumped the optical sensor over a bit and now it really runs. to make a long story short all i really want to say is thanks for the advice it helped alot.

NOTHING surprises me anymore.....Your sock was so bad that the IP was starving and that was the revving? Did you ever check fuel pressure, or open the T-Valve/Water Drain while the truck was running?

No I didn't put anything back in and am going to save som money for a nice inline filter and larger lift pump from leroydiesel. And yes. The lack of fuel was actually causing the reving... as in it would starve itself until the vaccuum was so great that it would pull through a burst of fuel and then rev up. It was scary at a stop light in traffic I would have to hold both feet on the brake pedal when it did it to keep from running over any small cars infront of me. I said I could hear the lift pump running but it got fainter and fainter. But evey tme I would roll under the truck and put my hand on it I could feel it running. Now that this tank sock is gone it is nice and loud. The tank sock was so bad that it was boggng my lift pump

And no I still don't have a fuel pressure guage.. that would be very helpful next time!! And the previous owner must have had that line crack before the t-valve and inset of doing the right thing and replacing the whole line. They just cut it off and pugged it with a small bolt and hose clamp.:shocked:

second fuel skip ... check for wet fuel lines from pump on back. even check on top of tank. OPS or Crank sensor..... always always pull codes.. even if there is no SES light.

Back