• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

94 Dually clutch

bison

Reaction score
Got my friends 94 dually here with clutch problems

Got everything removed, T- case tranny, bell housing etc
Has a dual mass flywheel,..it came apart and a whole pile of ball bearings got stuck between the flywheel and the clutch plate which explains the non working clutch.(it wrecked the clutch plate in the process)

Got to find a 1 piece flywheel.
I have a good clutch out of my old 95, it is 3/4 " thicker than the one out of the 94,... will it fit as is with the 94 fork and release bearing or???
Release bearing and Fork and ball are also junk so i have to buy other ones as well.
So what do i need for other clutch parts to make this work with the 1 piece flywheel ??

thanks

I would think it should. I know they still had the external clutch in 95. I have done the solid flywheel swap on all of my trucks, works great.

So how important is it to have a damper unit installed in the transmission when changing from a dual mass flywheel to a 1 piece flywheel in this 94 dually??
My 95 2500 HD did not have a damper unit and it had a 1 piece flywheel.

My brother changed his dual mass to a single when his fly wheel broke in half. My brother did not install the dampener on his truck.

Back