• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

94 drive by wire to mechanical

xgasman

Reaction score
Pulled the worn out 6.5 out of o 94 suburban, putting in my trusty 6.2 out of My old 85. The 6.5 leaked everywhere and blew more smoke from the dipstick than the tailpipe. The 6.2 is solid. I've had it for 10 years. Replaced the db2 once.otherwise it's been flawless. We'll see how it likes the turbo. I've been following the ds4 to db2 conversion bible it's very good but, I'm having a hard time finding the correct wires for the cruise control. Other than that I'm almost ready to stuff it in the car.

Attachments

• IMG_20220407_130105214.jpg
    IMG_20220407_130105214.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220505_114112779.jpg
    IMG_20220505_114112779.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 6
It can be removed I guess. I'm mostly doing it because the 6.5 was totally worn out. The 6.2 is in excellent condition. Also getting rid of the 4l80. It's worn out too. I have My old overbuilt700r4 going in also.

I do understand, I don't pull anything heavier than My 14' aluminum fishing boat. And, I drive for fuel economy.
I was getting 24mpg wit that 6.2 without a turbo. Might do a little better by turning All that smoke onto forward motion.it was in My old 85 suburban. Getting another fresh rebuild. I also think the 4.10 gears will give it a little relief compared to the 3.73's in the old burb.

I have a electro-motor cruise box. It's out of a G20 van. I made a bracket to mount the cable to the post whether old vacuum unit was on the 6.2. haven't figured out quite how it will conntto The throttle but, I have a few ideas.. My problem is I can't seem to find the wires discribed in the conversion manual.

Back