• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

93 6.5L auto-5spd conver possible problems

6.5ldieselpower

Reaction score
just want to know if there is many problems with making a 1992 6.5l mechanical fuel injection turbo with a 4 spd auto in to a 5 spd manual, all ready have the tranny, ballhousing, clutch, master cylender, slave cylender, transver case and the pedals. so far the only problem i think im going to have is pedal Position for the clutch and break. any help would be great

I did it on my K3500. It wasn't that bad of a project. You have to have the bracket that the clutch and brake pedal goes into( they share the same shaft). Factory has a welded bracket to the firewall to bolt the pedal bracket to. If memory serves me right I used a piece of 1" box tubing welded to the firewall with a bolt welded to it, so that the pedal braket would bolt up in the right location. The other thing i had to deal with was the manual trans is about 1"-1.5" shorter than the auto so the carrier bearing needed to be moved forward. I used a piece of 3/8 plate steel.

just want to know if there is many problems with making a 1992 6.5l mechanical fuel injection turbo with a 4 spd auto in to a 5 spd manual, all ready have the tranny, ballhousing, clutch, master cylender, slave cylender, transver case and the pedals. so far the only problem i think im going to have is pedal Position for the clutch and break. any help would be great

I would be interested in the TCM and ESS if you want to sell it from the auto set up. I have an oil pump drive from my 96 to replace your ESS. Its a direct replacement.
Problem is I am leaveing in a couple hours for 3 weeks and don't know if I will have coumputer access. Talk to you guys then.
Leroy

Back