• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

92 C3500 cab & chassis fuel capacity?

davo727

Reaction score
Hey,

Anyone know what the tank holds- Diesel model truck, tank behind the rear axle. Im going to try to shoehorn it into a different truck. Thanks

I was about ready to type in im away from my literature, so IDK, but I remembered that I bought a 1991 GMC Commercial truck brouchure on e-bay and had it sent here to the college address.

So, I opened to the Sierra section, and for both the straight rail 3500s, or the C3500HDs, it said 23 gallons standard (Which I am sure is fore of axle) and 31 gallons optional (which i am sure is the aft of axle location)

so i was close at 30 or 32! :)

so theres your answer, 31 gallons, good luck mounting!

Cool, I have to pump it out first- darn thing is full. And the tank I pulled out of my 86 CUCV today is also full. About 50 gallons of diesel I need to store in something. Trying to cram this tank in the back of the K30 cucv.

Sounds like someone is in dire need of a clean empty 55 gallon drum! :)

I take it you want to put the chassis cab tank in the CUCV? If so, how big is the CUCV tank you are removing?

Back