• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

91 4L80E gasser into 99 6.5 diesel?

mitchedo

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a 1991 V2500 Suburban with a 4L80E hooked up to a 350 engine and a NP241C transfer case. It was replaced in 1997 with a new GM transmission at a dealership. The trans has about 30,000 miles on it, and I've owned it almost since it (the tranny) was new. I want to sell the Burban, and will likely only get a few hundred bucks for it -- if I can sell it at all.

I have a 1999 K3500 with a 6.5 and what I presume is a 4L80E hooked up to a transfer case that is not a 241, but has a lever on the floor. This truck is new to me, and has 135,000 miles. I don't know the history of the trans. While removing and reinstalling the engine, I pulled out the trans dipstick tube and the trans fluid ran out all over the ground. It looks red, but hard to tell on the ground. It stinks to High Heaven, nearly makes me gag! I wouldn't doubt that it has 135,000 miles on it.

What I want to know is, will the trans outta the old Burban work in my K3500? Will it bolt up to the 6.5? Will the transfer case bolt up? Will the electronics work?

Back