• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

88GMCtruck's 2002 GMC Sierra HT build

Definately an eye for photography Dave...:agreed:
Thanks Mike. Been thinking about getting a new camera actually, these are all taken with my point and shoot Panasonic or my phone. Neither are BAD cameras but have a good deal left to be desiered.

maybe just drop in an LBZ and allison ;)
Eh, it would be FUN, but for the work, cost, etc, it’s going to likely stay gas. Maybe a 6.2L LS at some point.

Truck looks great! Lots of subtle mods! How do the leveling headlights work? You can adjust them up and down at will?
Thanks! The leveling headlights have a dash mounted switch with 4 settings that move the motors up/down according to the selection. I actually unplugged the switch awhile ago and put the dash pocket back (it was one in the 4-pod to the right of the HVAC). The pocket is more functional, since I never really haul anything it was more novelty than anything. I do have plans to keep the pocket and install that switch (and 2 others) in the blank where an electronic t-case switch goes, since mine is a manual t-case there is nothing there….

Very nice...wished you lived near me to motivate me to do some of those mods...

How about 4WS as a future mod?

AWD and 4WS...now that would be fun to make work along with the added horsepower...
I totally concur with quadrasteer. That'd be sick.
Quadrasteer was an excellent idea, but put on the wrong platform. What truck needs it more, extended cab short bed or crew cab long bed that's over 22' long and takes a farm field to turn around? Sadly, I bet it wasn't physically practical to make a rear steering axle on a 3500. Would have been huge.
I have actually thought about this a good deal (ask Devin). It would be really neat honestly, and the truck would turn on a m-f dime! Wouldn’t be too difficult either, as it was an option in 2002. So, if one falls in my lap…

The problem with QS is that it was setup on the 8.5" semi-floating axle, which couldn't handle the power/weight of the 2500HD or 3500 trucks. You could get a CCSB 1500HD with it, though.
Sorry Ed, that is incorrect. The quadrasteer axle has a 9.75" ring gear. IIRC, it is a Dana 60. There is a quadrasteer Duramax Suburban that has been custom built, it is a plenty strong axle...GM marketed it poorly.
Yup, Dana 60 9.75” rear end. Definitely will hold up to most things you’d throw at it. Plus if I convert it to AWD the power isn’t 100% to the rear so it’ll hold up even better. Case in point, 6.2L LS trucks have a 14-bolt 9.5” SF rear axle if they are 2wd or 4wd, but AWD denali’s get a regular 10-bolt 8.5” SF axle.

BTW, where would one find that cupholder? That'd be slick in our 05...
Junkyards now, maaaybe some on a shelf somewhere in GMs Inventory.

Blue Color (RPO: 26I): 15045393
Graphite Color (RPO: 12I): 15753266
Oak Color (RPO: 67I): 15753267
Pewter Color (RPO: 92I): 15753270

The Oak one is the only one that isn't listed as Discontinued and it references VPI (Vintage Parts, Inc.) as a source.
Sorry, that cup holder will not work in your truck Ed. It was only used in 99 trucks and that dash style was only used 99-02. In 03 they changed the dash a bit, with a double DIN stereo, different HVAC and due to this size change the dash bezel and lower dash panel are considerably different, to the point that they are not directly interchangeable unless you swap everything – which is going to involve a bunch of potentially incompatible wiring due to the computers being different 99-02 and 03-07.

Now, if you had a 99-02, it’s a direct bolt in part. They come across ebay from time to time. I love having that cup holder, since with it and the one below the jump seat, there are 4 now.

--------------------

Now, Birthday is coming up, and that means.... TRUCK PARTS!

Get everything on the way to have the truck lowered an additional 2" and new rear air shocks.

Stay Tuned!

Got it. I was looking at a few QS trucks last fall when I thought about getting something to replace the Bonne. Probably won't happen till this fall/winter now, as Dad will probably need a tax write-off, lol. Still in the considerations tho. The one we drove was really cool. I just remembered reading somewhere online that the QS axle was not rated for the load, but just because GM doesn't rate something a certain way, doesn't mean it can't handle it, lol. I'd love to D-max swap and add 2500HD suspension to a 1500HD QS.

So basically the leveling lights are for towing? Why do no US trucks have 'em?

I do love the cubby there, though. Too bad the dash doesn't work for it though, I suppose the whole bottom part of the dash is different? I do like the 03+ dash better...

Now, if you had a 99-02, it’s a direct bolt in part. They come across ebay from time to time. I love having that cup holder, since with it and the one below the jump seat, there are 4 now.

--------------------

here's some on Ebay...I just don't feel like refinishing to pewter...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-Silverado-GMC-Sierra-GRAY-CUP-HOLDER-99-00-01-02-03-04-05-06-/350708307172?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51a7d814e4&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-Silve...Parts_Accessories&hash=item27d1a1774f&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-00-01-02...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ccc805b0b&vxp=mtr

So basically the leveling lights are for towing? Why do no US trucks have 'em?

I do love the cubby there, though. Too bad the dash doesn't work for it though, I suppose the whole bottom part of the dash is different? I do like the 03+ dash better...
The leveling lights are indeed for when you have a load in the back and the truck squats. We don't have them here because the US doesn't mandate them, but some european countries do. For instance, I know Subaru STIs, Mini Coopers, and most Audi and BMW vehicles have them. The ones I have were only available on german export chevy tahoes.

Yup, bezel, HVAC, stereo and lower dash are different which is why you can't use the cupholder.

You must have the lighter grey interior. I can't say I've seen the lighter grey in the earlier years...

Ah. Unfortunately I think the neutral color wasn't available the same years as this cupholder.

IMO if you could match it with SEM I know they come apart easy and they are well worth it.

Those cup holders were 99 only from what I recall. In 00 they went to the below jump seat mounted ones.

SEM is a manufacturer of oe interior paints, they sell most colors in spray cans. Could easily figure out which one matches yours and paint to match

Sent from my TBI 454 powered android device.

I'll have to look at our 05, see if there's a way to mod those cupholders in there. Can't be THAT difficult, just the matter of making it look somewhat OEM...

Speaking of the leveling headlights, I recently came across these as well. 1996-2002 G-Vans with 5x7 headlamps had the option as well.

96-02 G2,3.jpg

Back