• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

8/10/10 Do you subscribe to any Diesel Mags

8/8/10 Do you still subscribe to any Diesel Mags.

• Diesel Power

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Diesel Tech

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Diesel World

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters

bighawg

Proud Rider of the Short Bus
Reaction score
This week we want to know how many of you still subscribe to any Diesel publications. If so which one's.

Diesel Power
Diesel Tech
Diesel World
Other
No

FYI: A new feature of the update allows multiple selections in a poll. So pick all that apply.

If I want one I see or a members ride is in one I'll grab it at the stand. But, I don't subscribe.

I did when diesel mags started but then they were all just ads and same articles... I get more info here.... In fact I am getting to be a 6.5 tech even though I dont own one.....

Diesel Power / Tech / World.

When I find 8-Lug & Diesel Builder on the Newsstand, I get them too.

I used to get several, but they were getting to be just like the car mags, all running the same stories. So I picked one, Diesel Power. Every now and then I will pick up one of the other mags because of an article, but one is enough.

OnEdit: I too liked Truck Trend. I enjoyed the Diesel News and what is coming down the pike or what is happening to manuf. etc.

I pick one up occasionally, but don't subscribe, yet. Might need some dorm room reading material, though, lol.

Just subscribed to DP, LOL. Darn you guys!!

Last edited:
I use to purchase Diesel Power off the shelf, I got tired of paying the premium for it so I subscribed.

It is a lot cheaper on a subscription than it is to purchase at the local wal mart. :thumbsup:

Diesel Builder I thought was going to be a good one but they did not last. After my truck was in there I think they had one or 2 issues and they went under. I get Diesel Power need a few others I get people saying so and so was in this book and had you listed as a vendor they buy from I would like to keep those around.

I subscribe to diesel world, and my old man to diesel power.

I really dont care for diesel power, but I still enjoy reading diesel world. IMHO, diesel world is better suited to those who still use there trucks for some work, and the articles are more centered around durability and reliability.

I too get sick of all the magazines that feature the stories of "so and so's parents are loaded, and look what they bought douchey for his 18th birthday, and douchey bought this, this and this, and paid someone mommy and daddys money to install it." i really dont like those.

I used to subscribe to DTR (diesel truck resource...i think??) the first year I had my dodge, but I realized that it really didn't help me in any of the problems I was having because I had a 2001 and I had little to no budget. That's when I realized that those kind of magazines were just really there if I was interested in building up my truck, which I had no interest at the time...or money.

Back