• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

700r4 - 4l80E quandary

I've got a pair of red bucket seats but they are from a 92 Yukon. Different style and color. I'll keep my eye out though!

I have maroon red buckets from 72 z28 but those are for another project. Have to go to local yard for a buddy soon will scope for a good seat cushion .. is vinyl or velour?

Hey I have a question maybe you guys could answer .. 89, 90 and 95 Chevrolet 350 .. are those blocks all the same? Was keeping 89 parts truck mostly to have every attachment to be a complete donor for my 302 4spd car project .. I have most of rotating assembly and cam .. heads are completed. GMPP Fastburns angle milled to 53cc with upgraded conical springs and shaft rockers. GMPP dual plane non air gap RPM with Demon 650 carb. Hooker 4 tubes correct for hole (84 Cutlass). Block is not done was going to use 89 ... then Summit said they had bored 4 bolt blocks for 800$ ... I didnt move quick enough so back to a truck donor, 89 runs a little rough and smokes the other 2 are good runners. 95 seems to run better than 90 motor very clean. If swap goes right 90 motor in the running for 302 along with 89. Would any be 4 bolts? Have solid roller CC cam, think they all would be tapped for roller lifter "spiders" .. they would all have correct coolant passages etc to accept GMPP Fastburn heads? Think Fasties are double tapped for conventional or Vortech ports?

I'm pretty sure that 95 is still TBI so the engine should be the same. 1996 was the first OBD2 multi port injection as far as I know. The interior change in 1995 makes it more confusing, That's why the heater control is 1995 only.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Summit still had or was periodically getting 350 4bolt (bowtie?) block punched .030 around 1200$, I think from Scoggin-Dickey?, was thinking might be better starting point for 7500 rpm 314 ci in Cutlass unless truck blocks already 4 bolt. My rotating assy includes .030 Diamond pistons with oddball CH to make 6.00/2.00 rods work with L99 crank mod to 2.00rj. Summit "better" 350 block availability may disappear with popularity of LS. I guess I better grab one if I want one. Need my pick-em-up done first tho.

Back