• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

7 years and 75k miles later..........OPS gave up

625fireman

I have injecter-itis
Reaction score
Well I guess I should count myself lucky on this one...........
Other than losing the starter after bleeding out the air :mad2:

Apeantly when the OPS went on the way home the IP was pullin fuel in, but then on restart she wouldnt do it and sucked the F/M dry.

7 years from an OPS is pretty damn good, Joe!.......Did you notice any decrease in power?.........Usually a healthy IP keeps her running pretty good.

I bet if you never bled the air, she'd still be running.........Ask me how I know! :rolleyes5:

I'm thinking in order to "suck the FM dry" you must have an air leak somewhere in or downstream from the filter manager.

If the system is "solid", the fuel pulled out of the FM would simply draw fuel up from the tank behind it. If there's a leak, it can suck in air.

While your current problem, it might be one waiting in the wings....

I'm thinking in order to "suck the FM dry" you must have an air leak somewhere in or downstream from the filter manager.

If the system is "solid", the fuel pulled out of the FM would simply draw fuel up from the tank behind it. If there's a leak, it can suck in air.

Your insight is impressive young one. :swordfight:

Gott here going. Yep I notices a little stumble but figured it was the *&^%#@#&* PMD.

When I opened the water/fuel drain with a bad LP/OPS...........It was a very many long cranks to get her started again.

If I left it alone you would almost not notice there was an issue....Bought that T-Shirt already.

Back