• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

7 way round to 6 way round trailer plug

DEERE3594

I welcome everyone...not just Penguins!
Reaction score
Im Mrs. Deere I have a horse trailer with a 6 way round and the diesal truck is a 7 way round. We have break lights and turn signals but no parking lights. Is something wrong or do we need an adaptor??

Thanks for the help!!
Mrs. Deere

I talked to Mr. Deere and he said its a 7 wire blade on the truck and it looks the same on the trailer but it doesn't have the middle titty. Would that affect the trailer lights and trailer brakes?? Trailer brakes aren't working along with the parking lights.

Please help with any ideas. Thanks so much!!

Mrs. Deere

but it doesn't have the middle titty.

haha, never called it that before.

One of the adaptor types uses the middle for brakes IIRC.

Brakes will be the same two wires as Left and Right.

Marker lights are their own

Actual brakes will be their own.

Then ground wire.....for a total of 5 wires on the trailer (unless you have white back up lights)

Sounds to me like you need to
a. check fuses on truck
b. check wire connections inside the trailer plug for corrosion or bad connection
c. make sure your 7 to 6 adaptor is sending signals to the right places to the trailer plug

Best investment you can ever make to troubleshoot 12v electrical problems is a cheapo ohm meter from Wally world....or any auto parts store for that matter. That way you can check continuity as well as breaks in wires.

They make an adapter if the trailer has 6 round and the truck has the 7 flat RV type. The other way you have to make yourself. If the truck has the round one I'd set the trailer up that way too.

I think I got it figured out... dose anyone have a wiring digram for the 7way?...

The 6 pin plug does not have the aux power wire for trailer lights. The 7 pin plug does. You need the adapter for a 6 pin to 7 pin. This assumes that the 6 pin plug is wired in the standard configuration.

Some horse trailer manufacturers have taken it upon themselves to wire their trailers different than the standard config.

Back