• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

60G's Self Limiting

fonecop1

Reaction score
I was reading a post the other day and someone mentioned that the 60G glow plugs are self limiting. Can some of you confirm this? I just installed the manual glow plug override and I don't want to burn them up with too much glow time.

Thanks in advance.

Yes they are self regulating. They do take longer to heat up than previous glow plugs did but won't swell or burn out from increased glow time. Bosch dura-therms are supposed to be even better.

On the 'Page, our father-forum, a new 60G was connected to a fully-charged 12v battery, with attached battery-charger to maintain full charge, for 8 hours - the plug glowed brite orange\yellow over the full interval, no swelling, no deterioration, no lessening of intensity along the length of the probe - only problem with the 60G plug is the slow-heat property, requiring extended glow-time - that test was extreme, as the oem fusible-wire glow-harness is spec'ed to drop applied voltage down to ~10v at the plug terminal, aiding and abetting the extended glow-time requirement

I did the manual glow plug over-ride with 60G's 2 months ago and all is good. Starts great.

Last edited:
Back