• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6 spd alli shot?

big block 88

Big Block 88
Reaction score
So I just got back from my R and R and while I was home me and a buddy used about a 425 hp tune at the wheels on my LBZ 07 Classic it runs absolutely awsome, after letting the tranny learn in tow haul mode for about 20 minutes of city drive I finally leaned on it. The tranny did great and I got more and more comfortable pushing it further and further. I was doing 4 wheel drive 2000rpm launches in tow haul (D) letting the TCU do all the thinking for me as I held on for dear life, it didn't miss a beat. Then I was up at my land with my sister just putting around on the back roads for about 30 min, then came to a quick paved road I was feeling a little cocky and let her eat in 2 wheel drive easing into her so not to smoke the tire off her then the truck slammed extremely freakin hard into second, then the truck just acted sluggish, but it wasn't really limping it still shifted for awhile, the check engine light came on then at the next stop sign i was putting off the stop the truck shifted up to 3rd then limped slowed down for a corner it shifted fine then went into limp, hooked up the V2 scanner and it didn't read any code in the ECU or TCU but I selected clear all codes and the light turned off. The truck has been shifting slow and sluggish since and the fluid smells a tad burned, did I kill the clutches? I am haveing the tune removed and the tranny looked at by the dealer it i getting an ATS Billet in the winter anyway but hey it's under warranty might as well get her rebuilt, but does it need it or is the tranny just trying to relearn TAPS

Back