• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5TD with Allison 6speed

Let us know how it goes with the ally, i've seen alot of box trucks with ally's in them and the entire truck was only 2500dollars, the truck only have 50,000 to 100,000 miles on them. Thats nothing for an ally, thats what made me think i might want to throw one on my truck, but its too cold here to do it now! maybe next summer

Just keep in mind, the Ally will likely have more parasitic loss than the 4L80-E. There was some discussion of this over on the 'Page.

Let us know how it goes with the ally, i've seen alot of box trucks with ally's in them and the entire truck was only 2500dollars, the truck only have 50,000 to 100,000 miles on them. Thats nothing for an ally, thats what made me think i might want to throw one on my truck, but its too cold here to do it now! maybe next summer

What exactly and where are these box trucks? Are you talking two-ton box trucks w/ a medium duty Ally? or a one ton?

Just keep in mind, the Ally will likely have more parasitic loss than the 4L80-E. There was some discussion of this over on the 'Page.

I'm not really worried about the power loss. I think the benefits outweigh the bad in this case. The ally is far superior to the 4l80e. My trans might be fine anyway, i'm just planning for the future. And if I do swap to an Ally, I already have a home for the 4l80, it will be built up and put in my 67 camaro):h

Good luck with it, Dur0maxx. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that while they are great trannies, I have heard that they can be very expensive to maintain and repair.

But I totally understand the allure. I want to swap my NV4500 for a ZF6.

Or one day down the road do a fully D-max/Ally re-power.

I read about someone that had done it, i don't remember where but he succesfully installed it and he did have to give the truck a 2" lift iirc.

Back