• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L Vibrations, any ideas what it can be?

Different but information to ponder. I useed to get my racing engines ( circle & Road Course ) built for the two venues. The one thing my
builder told me each time was: Stay above or below a certain RPM, like 6200, or below 7000, always different. A flex plate and balancer issue combination would rattle your teeth. Be well, wish for your success.

Thank you Will, definitely a lot of good information here from everyone that will ensure I get it balanced correctly. From everything posted it really seems like balance issues.

Lots of other projects taking my time presently. So it'll be in the fall before I can tear into it for balance unfortunately.
I have the time issues constantly. I really wish I could hire some stuff done without it creating more work than I was looking at in the first place.
Hired the backhoe serviced. Ended up having to replace a perfectly good battery cable end that he cut off and replaced with a 2 bolt cheesy clampy thing. He removed the aftermarket oil pressure, amp meter, volt meter, cigarette lighter & tep gauge. He did get the factory dash 100%.
For what he charged, it was worth it.

He did fix other stuff and I wasn't able to help. So it's all good.

I gave the guy that worked on the 4010 24v to 12 volt conversion the schematic that he never looked at and removed all the electrical protection I had added.
Started and ran until it ran out of fuel. The starter did not disengage. So it's still sitting until I can find someone to do it right or I have time to work on it.

I have the time issues constantly. I really wish I could hire some stuff done without it creating more work than I was looking at in the first place.
Hired the backhoe serviced. Ended up having to replace a perfectly good battery cable end that he cut off and replaced with a 2 bolt cheesy clampy thing. He removed the aftermarket oil pressure, amp meter, volt meter, cigarette lighter & tep gauge. He did get the factory dash 100%.
For what he charged, it was worth it.

He did fix other stuff and I wasn't able to help. So it's all good.

I gave the guy that worked on the 4010 24v to 12 volt conversion the schematic that he never looked at and removed all the electrical protection I had added.
Started and ran until it ran out of fuel. The starter did not disengage. So it's still sitting until I can find someone to do it right or I have time to work on it.
I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with similar issues. Life can be challenging sometimes. Non working equipment is definitely frustrating. I hope you can get it working soon.

Back