• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5l turbo no start

guys problem solved after replacing 3pmd and 1 ext harness we have a go and normal start no smoke normal revs i might get sued for this but amazon is on my shit list big time.guys all your replys and suggestions to solve this problem was really gratefully recieved thank you big time

Nice. One of the rules of repairs is don’t add extra things until it’s running right. So now that it is there...

My suggestion is to have a second good pmd on a heateink mounted next to the working one. Put a dummy plug in it to keep the connection clean. Whenever there is issues, you can simply move the wire connection over to the other one and resolve an issue. This is extremely helpful in emergencies and when parts stores aren’t close. Having a spare pmdfor this engine is like having a spare tire. But many folks just leave it in the glove box, a mistake imo.

leroydiesel.com sells lifetime warranty ones. I say plug in and drive on one with a lifetime warranty, and keep the other as the back up unit. When the one fails, you can move the wire over and be on your way. Removing the warranty one at you convenience and ship it back for replacement while the truck still works. Could be on th other side of the planet, you might find a local supplier with the warranty there, maybe not. Either way having a spare readily mounted is the smart move if you keep the ds4 system.

Nice. One of the rules of repairs is don’t add extra things until it’s running right. So now that it is there...

My suggestion is to have a second good pmd on a heateink mounted next to the working one. Put a dummy plug in it to keep the connection clean. Whenever there is issues, you can simply move the wire connection over to the other one and resolve an issue. This is extremely helpful in emergencies and when parts stores aren’t close. Having a spare pmdfor this engine is like having a spare tire. But many folks just leave it in the glove box, a mistake imo.

leroydiesel.com sells lifetime warranty ones. I say plug in and drive on one with a lifetime warranty, and keep the other as the back up unit. When the one fails, you can move the wire over and be on your way. Removing the warranty one at you convenience and ship it back for replacement while the truck still works. Could be on th other side of the planet, you might find a local supplier with the warranty there, maybe not. Either way having a spare readily mounted is the smart move if you keep the ds4 system.
i agree was already thinking about doing what you suggest. best part is On the road again..!!!!!

Yes, assuming new parts are good is flawed.

By the way, I pointed that out in Post #2. LOL!!!

Amazon is just a reseller, they don't control the quality of the stuff they sold.
As a matter of fact, with so many DOA PMD, I would personally not buy PMD from Amazon.
I bought motor mount for my Toyota from Amazon but not PMD.

I got an A/c compressor , and it was to be a name brand and it was not. Amazon refunded me. the vendor never responded. So I received a no name for free..

Yeah, hut when you get a part from non authorized places like the not so Rock solid place my ac Delco 60g came from and it fails doing major internal engine damage - AC Delco and no one else covers anything. That is why my hummer got parked 3 years ago.

Yeah, hut when you get a part from non authorized places like the not so Rock solid place my ac Delco 60g came from and it fails doing major internal engine damage - AC Delco and no one else covers anything. That is why my hummer got parked 3 years ago.

We still need to get it from reputable seller. That is what I implied on my post above.
Amazon is only a reseller and they don't do any investigation on whether the part is fake or not.

Yes, assuming new parts are good is flawed.

By the way, I pointed that out in Post #2. LOL!!!

Amazon is just a reseller, they don't control the quality of the stuff they sold.
As a matter of fact, with so many DOA PMD, I would personally not buy PMD from Amazon.
I bought motor mount for my Toyota from Amazon but not PMD.
i remember you mentioning that. The problem i have is that parts are not avaible my side of the country.I have to get parts from sydney or melbourne {5000kms} or from the us.Very annoying i wasted 1 1/2 weeks looking for the problem

i remember you mentioning that. The problem i have is that parts are not avaible my side of the country.I have to get parts from sydney or melbourne {5000kms} or from the us.Very annoying i wasted 1 1/2 weeks looking for the problem

I know, I was originally from Indonesia.
Growing up, simple things like books were very scarce.
I am not sure for car parts now but most of the cars are locally made now.
US is the only country that you can purchase things and get it within a few days.

I know, I was originally from Indonesia.
Growing up, simple things like books were very scarce.
I am not sure for car parts now but most of the cars are locally made now.
US is the only country that you can purchase things and get it within a few days.
[/i worked in indonesia in 1975 so i know what it was like it would take 3 weeks to get parts out of singapore

Back