• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5l injectors clicking

Trucker2k16

Reaction score
Ok so i noticed today after truck has warmed up fully i had my hood open and could hear a slight clicking so I got my stethoscope and started listening around the motor to make sure I didn't have any valve train or internal problems when I would put them on the injectors I can hear them clicking opening and closing I did not ever realize that you could hear the injectors opening and closing at idle they are new Bosch injectors with 31 miles on them. Is that normal? I have no issue startimg cold or warm no white smoke a small slight blackish grayish puff at cold start that last 1 second tdco is -0.44 timing is 10.2 oil pressure at warm idle is 20 psi no hesitation im only making this post to see if anyone has ever noticed that before. Slightly touch the throttle and that noise is gone.

With only 31 miles on the new injectors I’m betting it’s probably just a little air. I would run it for a little while and see if the noise,goes away.

I think it might be air myself i did just have the injector lines off to replace with new ones and i think 2 are touching each other or the valve cover i think the only way to bleed the lines is to crack them open isnt it while running?

Yeah crack them one at a time.. if you just change them you've got air trapped in your lines just got to force it out

Yeah, bleeding is basically loosen nut AND wiggle the line until you feel the line move in the injector. Then crank or start. Once you get 3-4 times is “spits” fuel out from under the nut, tighten nut while engine is still being cranked over by starter or engine is running.

You have to purge out the air. I have seen guys swap a broken injector lines and a month later the engine is still misfiring. Air doesn’t compress enough to activate the injector and allow the air to escape.

Yeah, bleeding is basically loosen nut AND wiggle the line until you feel the line move in the injector. Then crank or start. Once you get 3-4 times is “spits” fuel out from under the nut, tighten nut while engine is still being cranked over by starter or engine is running.

You have to purge out the air. I have seen guys swap a broken injector lines and a month later the engine is still misfiring. Air doesn’t compress enough to activate the injector and allow the air to escape.
Thats how i did it while running i have no more air i guess i had a little bit thats why i was hearing ticking coming from them and yea i understand that you may hear a slight ticking from a engine at idle from valvetrain

Was just looking at Leroy's web page for injectors...set of new Bosch ones for $400. So I'm curious if you notice much difference in performance and mpg with your new ones...(im Assuming there the same as the ones you got from quad star) since both are bosch

Was just looking at Leroy's web page for injectors...set of new Bosch ones for $400. So I'm curious if you notice much difference in performance and mpg with your new ones...(im Assuming there the same as the ones you got from quad star) since both are bosch
Actually yea i have i have the Marine ones from quadstar i think they did work to them when kris worked there i cant remember

Back