• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 wont run

Tow Master

Reaction score
Ok I'll try to make this quick...

I had a 94 6.5 that I was driving one day and had a vibration. I drove it probably 30 miles and took it back to the shop. (my dads a mechanic). I told himand he looked at me like I was on drugs but shook his head and said he'd look at it later. Well later on we went to look at it. I reved it up and you could tell it had a vibration. I held it at 2,000 RPM for 5 seconds and BAM knock knock knock. Shut it off removed the oild pan and it broke the crank. Actually proud of myself for driving it 30 miles with a cracked crank :thumbsup:

Anyways a friend of mine had a motor from a 97 that he took out and put a gas motor in. So we took my motor out and put the complete 97 motor in ann it started but ran bad like it had no power. you hit the pedal and it never would get any speed. I looked around and someone said it might be the 97 injection pump not working with the 94 computer. We replaced the injection pump with the pump from my 94 and it ran better but still ran bad. The truck isnt able to driveon the road but I usually park it in the shop at night and out in the morining. Well after about 3 months it wouldnt stsrt anymore one day. Dont know whats wrong with it. Just cranks andd thats it. It doesnt even blow smoke out the tail pipe. Any Ideas? Wild gueses or any opinions are open! Im lost at this no one I know even my dad doesnt know how to work on them :(

Back