• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 Vacuum pump delete process

Elias

Reaction score
Howdy y’all, I’m looking to delete the vacuum pump on my ‘96 6.5td k2500 and wanted to know the proper steps to do so. Any vacuum hoses that have to be capped off? Any sensor or solenoid that needs to be plugged? I have the A/C compressor on the driver side and the vacuum pump on the passenger side. I already have a turbomaster manual wastegate, just have to install it. Thanks

Howdy y’all, I’m looking to delete the vacuum pump on my ‘96 6.5td k2500 and wanted to know the proper steps to do so. Any vacuum hoses that have to be capped off? Any sensor or solenoid that needs to be plugged? I have the A/C compressor on the driver side and the vacuum pump on the passenger side. I already have a turbomaster manual wastegate, just have to install it. Thanks
Just did it a few weeks ago. Went smooth as glass.

Does your 2500 have the EGR valve on top of the intake? If it does unplug the vac line to it and plug the vac line. If it doesn't leave the solenoid wire connected and keep boost under 9-10 psi IIRC or you will set a boost code. Same if it had the EGR.

Does your 2500 have the EGR valve on top of the intake? If it does unplug the vac line to it and plug the vac line. If it doesn't leave the solenoid wire connected and keep boost under 9-10 psi IIRC or you will set a boost code. Same if it had the EGR.

It does not have the EGR valve. So would I plug the vacuum line that currently goes to my wastegate?

Sorry, my brain wasn't working quite right. I was thinking of my 98 which I deleted the EGR but still use the vac pump.

All you have to do is remove the vac pump and all vac lines. Leave the electrical connection to the waste gate sol. Keep the boost under 10 psi with the Turbo Master and you should be good.

Sorry, my brain wasn't working quite right. I was thinking of my 98 which I deleted the EGR but still use the vac pump.

All you have to do is remove the vac pump and all vac lines. Leave the electrical connection to the waste gate sol. Keep the boost under 10 psi with the Turbo Master and you should be good.

Alright sounds promising. Any details on the belt? Will there be a change to the routing of it as well? Thanks

Back