• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 turbo conversion 4L80E

dually man

Reaction score
Ok guys, I sold my dually crew cab and bought a 1991 K30 crew cab single wheel with the 4l80e and 205 t-case. I still has the factory gutless 350 gas engine with TBI injection. NOW my goal is to swap my fresh 6.5 diesel with an ats turbo setup into it. What kind of control do I use for the tranny. Did the 6.2 come factory in 1991 with the 4l80e? if so, can I get a factory setup so I can use the diesel? Thank you very much for any help. Forrest

looks liks a lot of modifications are needed to use the optishift on the 1993 and prior 4l80e trannys, this tranny is fresh, I DONT want to take it apart.

Im building a "spliter" for my VSSB so the speedo will work like factory. Get back to me in a few weeks and hopefully I'll be running it by then. Im in process of an engine swap now. Actualy my brother may beat me to it as he is doing the same thing. If he gets done I'll post up on it.

Back