• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 td mtr mounts

tnt87monte

Reaction score
i have to do mtr mounts on my 1997 k2500 6.5 td , any ideas or tips , it looks like it might be easier to remove front diff , any input on what kind of mounts , i have been told to stay away from the polly ones . thanks !!

I'm getting poly. They last longer and if installed correctly have no problems. Otherwise you just need to go get crappy rubber ones from autozone because they pretty much all suck.

It looks to me like pulling the engine is about the best way.

does energy suspension have a kit do that you can go poly?

EDIT: just explored the energy suspension catalog for a while, and you 4wd guys are in luck: energy susp. PN: 3.1152

is for 6.2, 6.5, and 454 applications in 4wd GMT400 (page 20 of the catalog pg 21 of the pdf)

Last edited:
use Energy Suspension Polyurethane Mount # 3.1116G G.M. Clam shell engine mount inserts.

you must separate the “clam shell.” The base plate is riveted to the pocket plate. You basically drill the rivet part way from the flared end, and they come apart. Then you can pop in the new insert. You will need to be careful to maintain proper orientation of the insert so it fits with the engine bracket as well. bend the base plate slightly to make a slight arc inward which holds the insert securely in place
i have to do mtr mounts on my 1997 k2500 6.5 td , any ideas or tips , it looks like it might be easier to remove front diff , any input on what kind of mounts , i have been told to stay away from the polly ones . thanks !!

I installed the Energy Suspension poly inserts in my Tahoe back on 11/2004, I put about 67K miles and they still feel tight. I don't think the truck vibrates much.

so you guys' opinion is use polyurethane bushings in the suspension, but stick to rubber with the motor mounts?

I am going poly everywhere. My thoughts are once I get a good engine in my truck the last thing I want to do is pull it for motor mounts. Poly should last the life of the truck or engine. BK (and others) swear by them and he has put in more engines in than I care to count and seems to only use the best products for his trucks so I will trust his opinion.

I have a set of poly engine and tranny mounts coming in the mail.

It's all personal preference.......Just saying "I heard" that the poly for motor mounts, didn't have the same dampning characteristics as the OEM "rubber".....They're to hard/stiff.

Hey your rig, use what you like.....and I agree Barry seen a few 6.5's to say the least.

Back