• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 non turbo injectors

Depends totally on the pintle design,you won't know unless you take it apart, if its flat sided your good to go.

Take one apart, its very easy, then pull the pintle / needle and look for a flat side just below the seat, you might be able to see it with it still assembled if use a magnifying glass and the tip is very clean and dry,and you know what your looking at, there will be a small gap created by the flat side on the pintle. This will be between the pintle and the outer edge of the hole,its easier to see on the marines because theres no tip sticking out.

I would pass, but if you have already bid and win,you can change nozzles if they are the wrong ones.

Last edited:
I just looked on ebay they are the long injectors,can't see the tip clearly enough though, it looks almost like the marine tip . Found another listing I believe it is the one you are looking at as it has the same part number, it it still might be the long ones, the seller claims they are better than the turbo ones?

Last edited:
are we looking at the same ones? (item number 110481415209) because I can't see the tip at all........

yeah, alright ... I see. he didn't actually answer my question. I asked if they were short body and in his reply he kinda danced around it..... Damnit ... thought I finally could afford something not made in China ........

The first injectors I found was item number 280459558021 Ohio Truck Parts, the second set the item number matches yours, they look the same ,green caps, I'm tempted to bid on the Ohio ones just to see if the nozzles are any good,can't beat the price.

The Ohio ones are, I can see by the pictures, can't tell on the other set, Ohio truck parts don't list the part number so we can't check if they match. I sent a message to both.

i got a message back from the guy in Las Vegas, he doesn't actually say what they are, just explains the different types and applications and claims these will fit any GM 6.5. Doesn't actually say if they are long or short.....

after looking at the box again they may not be mil surplus ...... If they were there would be a national stock number on the box.......

With out knowing what the tips look like its already a gamble,and if they are truly long body your screwed even more, my only hope for them is that the military used a special nozzle as he claims more hp, I'm worried they have the same nozzle my na 6.2 had they really sucked it took me a long time to figure out why It had no power.

I just measured mine they are 2- 15/16 inches long so item number 110481415209 are the short ones,cant see the tip good enough though,don't really mater for that price you could put marine nozzles in and still come out ahead.

I just had my injectors pop tested at a local shop. The guy called saying that 5 of the 8 were pressured for a non-turbo engine (500lb difference), and asked if I wanted them fixed. I said sure - and I would have to assume that all 8 are now at the same pressure. It was 12/ea for pop testing and 15/ea for pop/fix.

If you bought non-turbo injectors, could they/you just readjust the pressure for/in them?

I just had my injectors pop tested at a local shop. The guy called saying that 5 of the 8 were pressured for a non-turbo engine (500lb difference), and asked if I wanted them fixed. I said sure - and I would have to assume that all 8 are now at the same pressure. It was 12/ea for pop testing and 15/ea for pop/fix.

If you bought non-turbo injectors, could they/you just readjust the pressure for/in them?

I have discussed this with tim from accurate diesel. he said I can adjust the pop pressure.... just need a pop tester.... I bet I can use the shims from the injectors in my truck........

I have discussed this with tim from accurate diesel. he said I can adjust the pop pressure.... just need a pop tester.... I bet I can use the shims from the injectors in my truck........

well, its good to know that they weren't pulling my chain, haha

Back