• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 Ideal Cruise Rpm?

First i have ever heard about a different gear set for our hubs. There is a 12k from 10k upgrade but as far as i know the top gear change is only to facilitate the larger updated input CV shaft. My diffs are Torsion 1 and are a 2:56 ratio. Wouldn't change a thing at this point. Truck runs very well. I have the original stock damper and its still in good shape but I keep an eye on it. With the high revs my biggest concern is the 242 T case. I change out the fluid a lot more often than suggested as a preventative measure. Same goes for the 4l80 transmission.
On a different note i thought i would add my cheezy build vid

First i have ever heard about a different gear set for our hubs. There is a 12k from 10k upgrade but as far as i know the top gear change is only to facilitate the larger updated input CV shaft. My diffs are Torsion 1 and are a 2:56 ratio. Wouldn't change a thing at this point. Truck runs very well. I have the original stock damper and its still in good shape but I keep an eye on it. With the high revs my biggest concern is the 242 T case. I change out the fluid a lot more often than suggested as a preventative measure. Same goes for the 4l80 transmission.

I'm guessing my memory is just a dust bin of lost/misplaced info perhaps is was some other portal axles I was thinking of. I see you have the tallest gearset available for those diffs already.

I see the t-case gremlin has been fixed by some w/dry sump or electric oil pump, braided lines remote cooler. The 4L80 will do good with additional cooling and Amsoil synthetic fluid I run 3 coolers trans temps never get past 150 deg f in pan. Being that the 4L80e fully functions at 28 deg f the Amsoil protects it way better than any other fluid type and remember the converter generally heats the fluid to an average 300 deg f +- depending on stall speed and torque multiplication.

Your build rocks and is well thought out!

Back