• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 Exhaust Size

rittgerj

Reaction score
Well long story short I had a good friend pass away and I bought his old truck. I'm now working to get it back to how it was before, as the previous owners didn't take much care of it. He had dual exhaust that he had a shop install but it is now falling off...literally. I hear a lot that a dual exhaust doesn't sound the best on a TD but...that's what's going to happen.

What would my best option be for the best sound and performance? Right now it has dual 2.25 (not turbo back).

I was thinking a 2.25 cross over, 3 inch down tube, to a 2.75 dual (This wound get me about the same area as a 4 inch single...i think). I don't think i'll do a muffler yet, but if it means better/throatier sound, i'm in.

This truck means a lot to me and I want to do it right so all suggestions would be great!

Welcome to TTS, what you have in mind should work. Mufflers can always be added if it is too loud.

If it's the 98 you list, then the cheapest and easiest route would be a diamond eye turbo back setup. A single 4" system with muffler(or leave it out if you prefer), and a 3" downpipe. Goes on easy, and last one I bought was pretty cheap. Cost you less than having a shop bend up a dual setup for you most likely.

Welcome! A single 4" with 3" Diamond Eye is less that $300 with you doing the install. I am with the Fermanator on this one unless they can give you a deal on the pipe and you are going to have a shop do the install anyway.

The diamond eye or if you are on a budget you can get the 3" down pipe and some 3" exhaust pipe you can build a cheap exhaust system that works nicely. I have done this and have had the exhaust on the one truck for 5 years.

Back