• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 direct injected heads

Good points Will, regarding the splayed main suggestion I was merely going on my observations of the thin area around the outer main bolts on the webs in the block and the lower ends of the cylinder bores, and combining it with literature of heavily built 6.5s and failures. I am not experienced enough firsthand in 6.5 failures to know for sure but it appeared to be a weak area to me. So far mine has been solid, but I'm not doing anything with it that it wasn't originally meant to do and don't plan on it. Like you said, proper maintenance as well as identification and repair of an issue before it causes a major problem should keep the wheels going 'round. That two stroke project must have been really interesting! Clearly I have much to learn, and thank you for the food for thought. I would be really interested to hear how the OP has decided to proceed as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were a few fleets. One was an conglomeration corp. that did electrical, underground, landscape, and equipment rental.2 of the 3 owners went into retirement and the companies were split up and sold off. Just over 3500 trucks and pieces of heavy equipment. One division turned into a major biodiesel mfr here in Vegas.

The crazy one is one of the two large oil/fuel suppliers here in town, and hopefully a future customer of the plastics to oil company I currently work for -if the oil price drop doesn't kill the whole industry-lol.

Back