• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 comes up short...

Z79outlaw

Its tougher in Wisconsin
Reaction score
The truck had to be reliable for 2 more days, that's I had asked of it. Today on my way to leave work right before I get the gates that automatically open, the truck stalls, what the heck is going on, ok dont panic, shut it off and try to start it again. Fires right up great, 1 second later dead. 3 cycles of that, lets bled the fuel maybe some how I got air in the system, I've experienced this with the old 7.3 IDI Ford, ok bleed it, no air, try to start again starts and shuts off, 3 more times.

Now it wont even think to start, PMD problems? Probably, IP or computer problem? Maybe, I'll prolly never know. I've never in my 45,000 miles ever had a PMD problem, only stalled on me 2 times, and that was traced to a battery cable problem. And now 2 days before I remove the motor it says no more.

Icing on the cake is that I'm 2.5 hours away from what I call home, I have an apartment and a job in SE WI but thats it, so now I have to inconvience my family and friends and line up someone with a Gooseneck to haul it up north for me on the 4th of July weekend:wtf: Maybe the truck overheard me talking about the Cummins Conversion and basically told me to get F'd

The truck had to be reliable for 2 more days, that's I had asked of it. Today on my way to leave work right before I get the gates that automatically open, the truck stalls, what the heck is going on, ok dont panic, shut it off and try to start it again. Fires right up great, 1 second later dead. 3 cycles of that, lets bled the fuel maybe some how I got air in the system, I've experienced this with the old 7.3 IDI Ford, ok bleed it, no air, try to start again starts and shuts off, 3 more times.

Now it wont even think to start, PMD problems? Probably, IP or computer problem? Maybe, I'll prolly never know. I've never in my 45,000 miles ever had a PMD problem, only stalled on me 2 times, and that was traced to a battery cable problem. And now 2 days before I remove the motor it says no more.

Icing on the cake is that I'm 2.5 hours away from what I call home, I have an apartment and a job in SE WI but thats it, so now I have to inconvience my family and friends and line up someone with a Gooseneck to haul it up north for me on the 4th of July weekend:wtf: Maybe the truck overheard me talking about the Cummins Conversion and basically told me to get F'd

I drove mine like that for a few months before I found this site actually. Just plan in advance 'in case it stalls' emergency paths.... with a truck like mine pushing it isn't an option. I even started to see patterns, common fail when T-stats were about to open spot, and a few other pattern spots on my then identital morning commutes.

Try driving it home, if you have to stop and wait 20 before restart, better than the above hastles.

I drove mine like that for a few months before I found this site actually. Just plan in advance 'in case it stalls' emergency paths.... with a truck like mine pushing it isn't an option. I even started to see patterns, common fail when T-stats were about to open spot, and a few other pattern spots on my then identital morning commutes.

Try driving it home, if you have to stop and wait 20 before restart, better than the above hastles.

I would do it like that, it wont start now, its nots not getting fuel in the engine, but theres fuel up until the pump, the filter is good and no debris in the filter housing, it outta my control, without any tools or equpiment down here.

It's getting fuel to the IP? If so, then maybe there's blockage in the fuel inlet valve? Maybe the fuel shutoff solenoid is failing, too. That happened to a buddy with a '95 a few months back.

Back