• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 Battery Cables NEW PHOTOS!!!

Reaction score
These 2/0 Cables are the answer to GM's pathetic stock Battery Cables, Your Starter, Alternator and ECM will thank You. I use SGX Cross Linked Battery cable not Welding Cable, all of the Terminals are Crimped with a 20 ton crimper, Water tight double thick Heat Shrink with sealer is used at all the terminals, I include Stainless Steel Bolts and Washers for your battery connections, I can make top post cables if you prefer, Please indicate which side your Alternator is on when ordering
1. 2/0 Battery to starter Cable with insulation
2. 2/0 PS Ground
3. 2/0 Crossover with 3 Adel clamps to fasten to the Rad shroud
4. 2/0 DS Ground
5. #4 Altenator Lead
6. #4 Power feed from DS Battery to Under Hood power Block
7. #4 Ground from PS Battery to body
The Kit is be Priced at $250.00US + $10.95 Shipping to lower 48 included Canada + $10
battery001.jpg

battery002.jpg

battery003.jpg

battery004.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, those are dead sexy. I wish I had a set of Duramax cables to send you for templates. I would love to have level of quality under my hood.

I'm curious how you stack the positive cables at the batteries. The cast copper ends have a lip on them that kind of prevents a flat contact area.

:thumbsup: I had a set of custom positve cables made years ago with 2-0 cable. I had dual post batteries so I just tied the top posts together and used the side post to go to the starter. It spun over like it had 6 batteries. I still had the factory grounds. Nice looking cables:thumbsup: I don't think I could get them made around here for that price.

:thumbsup: I had a set of custom positve cables made years ago with 2-0 cable. I had dual post batteries so I just tied the top posts together and used the side post to go to the starter. It spun over like it had 6 batteries. I still had the factory grounds. Nice looking cables:thumbsup: I don't think I could get them made around here for that price.

Its really hard to believe what a difference 2/0 Cables will make for cranking, My 6.5 spins over real fast even when its cold out, Im trying to keep the cost down but Copper prices are going up all the time Thanks for the thumbs up

I ordered both the Battery and the Glow Plug Cables last week- They arrived today and they are everything the photos show - very high quality! I hope to get them installed soon and I plan to post pics of my install in my '95 Suburban. Thanks for the quick service Bruce!

Well i had every intention of making my first set of Duramax cables last week but the guy's truck I was gonna use has fallen off the face of the earth so im back to finding a truck, If there is anyone close to Charlotte with a Duramax they can let me have for a day I give you a new set of battery Cables for your trouble, PM me if you can

Back