• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 1, Eagle Talon 0

chrisk1500

Reaction score
LOL

Kicked the crap out of an Eagle Talon last night.

He must have seen my 5" stainless tip and wanted a run at me. He revved up at a red light. I spooled up and blew the doors off the poor bastard.

He tried again at the next light - results were the same.

A mid 90s Talon cannot touch my tuck. When he turned left at the next light I saw he had a farter can on the back....I am assuming he would also have a K&N if he is stupid enough to run a farter...

Long live the turbo diesel....:driving:

Wow I cant beleave that. The only way my 6.5 would beat a talon was if I was towing it ):h

Congrats on the Win! :smile5:

LOL

Kicked the crap out of an Eagle Talon last night.

He must have seen my 5" stainless tip and wanted a run at me. He revved up at a red light. I spooled up and blew the doors off the poor bastard.

He tried again at the next light - results were the same.

A mid 90s Talon cannot touch my tuck. When he turned left at the next light I saw he had a farter can on the back....I am assuming he would also have a K&N if he is stupid enough to run a farter...

Long live the turbo diesel....:driving:

What do those add? 30 HP? :sick::crazy::sifone:

Nice Kill!!!!:sifone:

He probably runs a Spectre filter, which ricers tote as the best, but in all reality are the worst. They absorb water, like paper, flow like crap, and don't filter worth a damn

Nice kill, but was it a turbo car? They're pretty fast, although I see your mods and you don't have an "average" 6.5 either. :)

I haven't got half what ChrisK's got, and I've busted a couple of cars with it, smallblock Chevy halftons and a Toyota 4x4. I ran with a piped 12-valve door-to-door up to 45, then dropped back until my front bumper was at the back of his door. We hung like that until about 65 then the two lanes merged to one so I had to let him have it. I think he would have walked away the faster we went, but my 4:10s surprised him down low.

Ran light to light with an identical truck to mine, only he had a 454, could tell by the puny tailpipe it was still stock. Got my ass handed to me.

I've had people ride in my truck who were amazed at how strong it was. I'd say it's probably about equal to a vortec 350 gasser.

When I get my GL4 and I/C hooked up, I'm going to go frighten some ricers.

My nephews girlfriend just bought a 90-something Talon with a built motor; headwork, bigger turbo, intercooler and probably all kinds of computer stuff. He took me for a beat run in it, I cannot begin to describe to you how impressive that little car is. It threw me back in the seat and kept me there, meanwhile the tires were screaming for traction; at 65 mph in third at maybe 3/4 throttle, planting the pedal resulted in screaming tires and still enough to push you back in the seat hard. I can't imagine how fast it would be with some traction, it isn't an awd model. He's run 14s with it with street tires and no traction, with some slicks and a better driver it should see 11s.
Funny part was after they showed me the big oversized turbo, I opened my hood and showed them my A-Team turbo. She squealed and said oh my God it's bigger than my head!

Back