• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6/27/10 Poll Vacation, Where are you headed this summer?

6/27/10 Vacation, where are you headed this summer?

• Beach

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Theme Park ex. Sea World, Disney World etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • National Parks

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • State Parks

• Major US city

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Mexico

• Canada

• Other International Travel

• Other

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Staying Home

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
We have been to the beach so far, Panama City, Florida, no oil just hype. It was beautiful last week. May try and go to Pigeon Forge, Tn. later this summer.

As of right now, no vacation for me, but if things start looking up and I get this job in the next week or so, I'm really looking at going out to Vegas for the weekend in September for the Barrett Jackson Auctions with my cousin. If not, then I would like to see it when it comes to Scottsdale in January. Other than that, I think I'll be working all summer and maybe get out on the river a few times on the weekends.

Going to the Huron Natl Forest for a week with a friend at the end of Jul and will be heading up to CT for a week in early Sep.

Mainly visiting family in CT, but also to get some much needed R&R. Spending time at the shore and riding a lot are definitely on the list... couple visits to Chatfield Hollow for hiking are always on the list too.

Planning to head up to the Birkshires again for a couple of days' riding in the ski areas while I'm in CT also. Last time we went up there, we also visited the Norman Rockwell Museum and the Hancock-Shaker village which were much better than originally anticipated.

Not at home but up in Aberdeen, MD. Wife is working at APG. Maybe a trip in September and camp a bit in TN & VA or go see the Son and wife in Thibidaux, LA. Depends on work.

I'm thinking I'll make a trip to see family and friends if I take a week's vacation. But, as I did yesterday, half of my vacation days may end up being spent on my truck, and fixing it up/repairing it...

Went to Secquoia NP already. But lost the tranny on that trip and after a $3700 bill not going to make it on many more trips this summer.

just going to go harvest some grain with old man at the family farm in Idaho. get to take at least one 6.5L to there as well. prolly my 96, as it has hit just short of 23 empty (and that is filling the tank to the brim, so fairly accurate) worst tank is 13.7 with a bed full of tillage tools, and a 18 foot car trailer with more tillage stuff.

Back