• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

(6/23/09) Have you ever had anything stolen out of your truck or garage?

(6/23/09) Have tyou ever had anything stolen out of your truck or garage?

• Nope - never had a problem...

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • I've had stuff stolen out of my garage...

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I've had stuff stolen out of my truck

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • I've had stuff stolen from both...

Votes: 8 14.0%

• Total voters

Randy_the_Hack

Reaction score
Recently, I discovered that a young man I know decided to help himself to my chainsaw... which is the inspiration for this week's poll - have you ever had anything stolen out of your truck or garage?

Tell us your stories - maybe we'll learn...

I have never had anything taken but my son had his Jeep broken into at K-rockathon two years ago. He left his window cracked and someone tore his ventvisor off and forced the window down. $500 worth of CD's, road side hazard kit, $35 in change and some persanol item's gone.

Had an entire Tuffbox removed from the deck of my truck, in the parking lot while I was at work In Houston. Box was locked and bolted to the deck with four 5/16 nuts and bolts.....completely full of tools. I'm assuming they had an electric nut driver or something and managed to unbolt the box from below the bed.......... thing musta weighed at least 700#.
New boxes sitting on my deck now are bolted down with 8 bolts each (have 3 boxes now) and each is at least a 7/16 and tack welded nut to bolt.

Usually nothing major. Mostly neighbors kids stealing the beer out of my cooler and stealing my lawnmower gas........:nono:

Nothing stolen out of my truck, but there's nothing visible to attempt to steal. All the emergency type stuff is either under or behind the back seat. I have had the tires slashed on my patrol truck when it sat outside one night.

Living in redneck Idaho helps. Heck, half the cars in my town have the keys left in the ignition and the windows down (not me though). I was wayy more nervous/cautious when I was in Sacramento last week. Thankfully the Impala has fairly dark tint windows, and it's not exactly a popular car to bust into.

Good luck getting into my garage without a key......and some doggie treats.

Nothing ever stolen from truck or garage, but I did have the lock punched on my truck. I was working at Home Depot and we were taking store inventory, so there were probably an extra 20-40 cars parked in employee parking that day. They didn't get in, but my lock is bent but still works. Bastards, middle of the day in a busy lot...

I stopped tom get something to eat one day and had two department store bags full of trash stolen out of the bed of my truck by a couple of kids. Saw them through the window getting them. I'm sure they were surprised when they opened the bags!! ):h

Had an entire Tuffbox removed from the deck of my truck, in the parking lot while I was at work In Houston. Box was locked and bolted to the deck with four 5/16 nuts and bolts.....completely full of tools. I'm assuming they had an electric nut driver or something and managed to unbolt the box from below the bed.......... thing musta weighed at least 700#.
New boxes sitting on my deck now are bolted down with 8 bolts each (have 3 boxes now) and each is at least a 7/16 and tack welded nut to bolt.

i keep my tool box locked. only bolted down with 2 7/16 nuts and bolts. bolt does up through the bed rail into the box, with a nylok nut inside the box. good luck asshats):h

Just had an old Garmin GPS stolen out of the little cubby next to the radio and an old Razor cell phone out of the console. The gps was old and if you can't read grid coords. It wouldn't help you much and the cell phone didn't work at all, it went swimming in my pocket. :D
they did help themselves to the spare change in the console too

:mad5: Bout a year ago I had my truck for sale at the end of my fiance's driveway. They broke in the back window, stole my Pioneer deck, amp, and 12" sub. They even took a cd visor case ...but left the cds.:rolleyes5: Luckily they left my checkbook! It sure leaves you with a weird feeling. If I ever saw someone breaking into a vehicle....

just the opposite

Tools keep appearing from somewhere every now and then, (mite be my 6yr old finding tools for dad in grandpa's tool box). I've been lucky so far and had nothing stolen, but jumped it's the truck one morning and heard something rolling around in the box , making a god awful racket, some one was nice enough to leave me a 30 pound fire extinguisher.:thumbsup:

Lost about $5 grand worth of stuff this year. Miller mig welder, 2 chainsaws, backpack blower, Makita cordless kit and lots more.

Back