• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.2 with 6.5 turbo no POWER

no one has it here in my town dealer item only!!! i can blow air directly thru either end and it blows freely no restricions!!! also the elbo is flooded with oil so i think thats my blue smoke problem!

1992 chevy 3500HD 6.2 turbo

Barry if you have a NAPA in town they should be able to get it. It is listed as a PCV valve and should be about $45.

Heck go to NAPA's web site and mail order it before buying through dealer.

ok guys replaced the valve truck runs better but still NO power its dead from take off till about 30mph do i need to turn some fuel to it? It ran better in the sub i took it from with no turbo, i can be going down the road and floor it and its just like the turbo is dead, I also have a 93 4door gmc with a new 6.5TB thats stock and it will run circles around this truck!! There power is nothing alike what so ever and it is bone stock no smoke at WOT and gets 20mpg, Im tempted to pull the engine from the 93 and stick it in the repo truck so i can go to work, Im about scared to go and try to repo someones car I dont think i can get away from them quick enuff LOL.

LP runs off the OPS now u can put a test light to it and it runs all the time while the engine is running.

1992 chevy 3500HD 6.2 turbo

Ok guys got it running better but i cant hear the turbo spooling up could my turbo be bad? still low on power but once it gets going its ok but when i hit a small hill it slows down, SHould i change the spring on the waste gate or wire it open a small amount?

Can't say about the spring but you sure don't want it wired open, even a little.
Turbo pressurizes the intake with the waste gate fully closed. It only has to open a little bit to dump the boost.
Could it be that there's something keeping the wast gate from being closed all the way?

No boost gauge but i can go buy one and tap the intake to intsall it....I do tap the plentume from the turbo correct? Will advancing the timing make it pull more boost or less?

You tap the upper intake, it works well on the drivers side rear, less hose to route. I would make sure you have boost first, then check timing. Timing makes no difference in boost, rpms do that. You need fuel of course. You should see at least 6-8psi.
Good luck.

ok how do i add more fuel to it? and how much do i add?

Boost gauge installed today and im getting between 5-8 of boost while taking off and it drops as the truck builds speed, so i guess the turbo isnt the problem at all here, Maybe a fueling problem, Wasted $66.00 bucks on a gauge that i will nvr use again!! But it told me my turbo is working correctly so thats worth something, BTW the boost line is getting oil into it is that a problem?

_________
1992 3500 HD 6.2 TD

It sure shouldn't be getting oil into it. If you got that much oil moving through your intake, you go problems. Either CDR or your turbo is leaking bigtime into the intake.

It has blowed the oil pressure line off twice in the past 2 days what would be causing that? It not a lot of oil just a white line that came with my gauge package, u can see a small amount of oil in it here and there.

Barry would you fill out your signature with as much info as you can. (USER CP at the top of the page). engine application # miles etc.etc. it will help others figure out what is going on. it may get us to the problem faster. as far as a wasting your money on the boost gauge i don't think its wasted if you mount it in the truck and use it for monitoring you engine. along with a EGT gauge it will help you know how the truck is performing.

Back