• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.2 vs 6.5 RPMs

For quite a few years I drove a turboed-supercharged 318 Detroit 2 stroke dump truck. It was called a 350 horse 318. And I still have hearing problems because of it!

Really ? My turbo model was actually pretty quiet, the 6v53 NA on the other hand...what ?? what ??

I do know about those old iron beasts and you can keep them. I'll take a 515 14.0L series 60 Detroit and get my 6 - 8 mpg (2005 FL Classic) with a heavy refer any day of the week.

I replaced that with a 2007 International 9900 day cab and this cummins ISX is about the most worthless engine I have ever driven.

I'm not a big fan of Cummins lately either. frigin 8.3 shakes itself apart and I have spent 4,000$ fixing oil leaks. I'll never own another one. for me it's gonna be Cat Power.

I'm not a big fan of Cummins lately either. frigin 8.3 shakes itself apart and I have spent 4,000$ fixing oil leaks. I'll never own another one. for me it's gonna be Cat Power.

yeah for another year. there won't be a 2011 cat motor for anything bigger than a top kick (that is street legal anyways)

I miss the N14. I also miss my 3406e (first tractor)

Back