• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.2 military exhaust maniflods

RD400HP

Reaction score
Will the 6.2 military exhaust manifolds bolt up ok on my 95 2wd 6.5 n.a. without any clearance problens? And are the exhaust ports the same size on both motors? Thanks.

Mark

Will the 6.2 military exhaust manifolds bolt up ok on my 95 2wd 6.5 n.a. without any clearance problens? And are the exhaust ports the same size on both motors? Thanks.

Mark

no they wont bolt-up, they will need some serious modification to work, you could check out stansheaders.com he might be able to set you up..... and as for the 6.2/6.5l, everything from the two interchanges on the outside..... just the cranks and pistons do not interchange, and the injector angles from older 6.2l are different causing issues when going turbo....

Thanks for the reply Turbonator, I'm alittle surprised I thought they would bolt right up. I thought maybe the exhaust ports might be a tad different. I wasn't going to run a turbo anyway, thanks again Turbonator.

Mark

and the injector angles from older 6.2l are different causing issues when going turbo....

You can overcome the 6.2 injector angle issue with header wrap. You would have to drop the 6.5 manifold to change injectors though. It is that tight - but it works on mine.

You can overcome the 6.2 injector angle issue with header wrap. You would have to drop the 6.5 manifold to change injectors though. It is that tight - but it works on mine.

yeah x-2 with the header wrap... all our manifolds, x-over, and down pipe are all wrapped, and i relocated the pass. side heat shield to the shelf...

Back