• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.2 liter HUMMER - throttle disconnected

Christopher Davis

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum. I am also “new” to owning a HUMMER. Thanks in advance for your help!

I have a 1993 DoD HUMMER; I’m not quite sure what happened (just happened today), but the throttle pedal has no function. The vehicle starts, but there is no throttle control. The hand-throttle “cable” is attached to the pedal, so that does not appear to be the issue. I was hoping that the good folks in this forum would be able to suggest a number of areas where I would need to look and trouble-shoot to figure this out.

Welcome.
You have a metal bar about 1/4" in diameter that goes from the pedal through the firewall. On the engine side of the firewall is where the cable connects to the bar linkage and up to the injection pump.

There was a problem of the metal bar wearing and breaking where it goes through the firewall bushing. Take a look there first. once you know I can get you list of parts suppliers if you don't have any yet.

You say DoD hummer, Is it a hmmwv or the civilian Hummer. same basic unit, and for this repair it will use the same parts. But for some other stuff, it is important to know if military or civilian. When you get a chance, please fill in the signature line with details of the rig and any modifications you have. Also, we love show and tell here so pictures are more than welcome.

Will, MANY thanks for the hints!

I will also fill in the details and post a PIC. My rig is a former National Guard HUMMER, and appears to be up to ~ 2005 on DoD Mods. And yes, I would appreciate help with parts. I did find one dealer via eBay, when I needed to replace the brake pedal switch.

Looks like hmmwv not hummer.

Is it 24 volt or 12 volt. Under hood pic will show as
Well.

Need to refer to corret one or wrong parts and misinformation on repairs will be common.

I will pm a list to you later today when I get it together for ya.

Thanks and corrected the designation.

Thanks for the tip - went right to the linkage and the cable broke right at the lower-cable connection point to the floor linkage. I guess I’ll need a new cable.

While in the engine compartment, I noticed that one of the alternator belts is bad. I’m guessing that I should probably go ahead and replace both at the same time (NSN 2920-00-909-2483, 60A, 28-V, alternator).

Thanks in advance for the parts listing.

No problem. Tell ya first the vendors here, Leroydiesel.com and TwistedSteel Performance are good guys at great prices. But they dont sell most of what you’ll need over the years.
Typing your pm now

Back