• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.2/6.5 pulling videos

Man do I miss going to the Buck right about now. Lots of good times out there :thumbsup: That red dually on the bottom not only looks great but got a pretty good pull too boot! Its a shame there aren't more video's of the old IDI's sled pulling.

Spoke to the owner of the red dually. He said it has a new pmd, #9 resistor, and marine injectors. Otherwise engine is stock. Purty impressive!!

Those videos bring back memories. In the early 90's I was pulling with a K-30 chevy with a nvg 4500 and a 6.5 with a rajay non wastegated turbo. In two pulls I got beat by a built 454 suburban by less than 10 feet and my guess was the difference was the 454 had a turbo 400 and I had a manual and 35 inch tires. Some of the other pulls I entered, I had to run exibition because they didn't have a class for trucks as heavy as mine tipping the scales at 6500 lbs. Somewhere I might even have some video.

I know us IDI guys might be a little biased, but I think both of those guys did one helluva job pullin' on that sled! I know, -we're old-school, but there's a point to that. ;)

That 6.2 NA sounded sweet!! The 6.5 did an awesome job pullin', -missed the exhaust rumble (not your fault, -just being on the driver's side!), -still a nice video of a 6.5 doin' it's thing!

Thanks for the great videos!

My hat is OFF to any IDI guys still hookin' to the sled (even our fellow 6.9/7.3 brothers) :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing!

Just watched the videos, very awesome! Next year I'm gonna try my 6.5 at some pulls.

That red dually sure is nice!

Not experienced with these sled pulls. Are they based on distance pulled? Do they make the track increasingly slicker? I would think that once they got the sled going, it would be easy to keep it going. What makes them stop?

the weight part of the sled startes over top the axles on the sled and as you pull the weight moves up over the front of the sled which makes more pressure on the skid causing more resistance making it heavier

the weight part of the sled startes over top the axles on the sled and as you pull the weight moves up over the front of the sled which makes more pressure on the skid causing more resistance making it heavier

Saw that weight sliding forward in the second video. Is the weight mechanically controlled by the sled? If it was free sliding, then the forward pulling movement would slide it back.

i miss truck pulls so much. growing up in Indiana it was a pretty regular event but out here in California i cant seem to find one withing 100 miles.

I would have entered our local pulls this summer but I was all kinds of distracted with other things.... Maybe next year. They are very popular around here.

It is mighty cool. I would like to see one in person. Here it's just hook up two trucks back to back.

Back