• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

500hp

03demax

Reaction score
If I add a lift pump and EFI live and run one of the 500hp tunes out their how long will my engine take it? :)

depends on how much you beat the crap out of it. if you drive it 500hp everytime you take off from a light. it is a crap shoot.

Lots of variables, but 500rwhp is typically considered to be on the safe(r) side.

I need a built trans but I just wanted to ask the question about my motor.

Mike L. drives his truck with 500RWHP everyday, and upon talking to him it doesnt sound as if he is too kind to that truck. There are plenty of trucks of each varient that are running 500RWHP or more everyday and they use them that way. If Nasty Girl can go 20K miles at well over 1000RWHP and not have a failure, I am sure your truck can take 500RWHP for much longer and survive just fine.

Mike L. drives his truck with 500RWHP everyday, and upon talking to him it doesnt sound as if he is too kind to that truck. There are plenty of trucks of each varient that are running 500RWHP or more everyday and they use them that way. If Nasty Girl can go 20K miles at well over 1000RWHP and not have a failure, I am sure your truck can take 500RWHP for much longer and survive just fine.

Nasty girl's motor is built to shit though at the same time. I agree it is doing phenomenally well, but i guarantee it wouldnt be the same story if it wasn't built

your motor should be just fine, factory turbo will only maintain roughly 30psi for a short life. I saw a 01 with 450k on the odo, with a chip and some other stuff.. maybe 400 at the wheels... but its had a head gasket, and a set of injectors. but then again, every truck is different!

you should be ok but as you know the tranny will need severe work and remember to use your head with the turbo. Bear in mind NastyGirl had BIG money inthe engine and is NOWHERE near stock

I ran 500 rear wheel HP for a few years. The engine had 100 K plus miles on it when we tore it down to upgrade the internals. Everything was fine, except the cam pin was smushed over badly and about to break off. Durability has a lot to do with who made the tune, since they are not all the same.

Back