• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

50 bucks for a 8 lug GM Front Dana 44: good deal?

GM Guy

Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already bought it, couldnt stand to see it go to scrap. I shot him 50 bucks, and he really had to think about it, but went for it in the end. It was bought to put under a truck that the front axle went out on, so it is prolly a good used takeout. It looks like new brake pads on good used rotors.

I am 99 percent sure it is a dana 44, because IIRC, the smallest 8 lug front axle is a dana 44 and it does not have the four bolts on each knuckle, which I guess is the sign of a Dana 60. It has warn hubs with really aged plastic, but she still works. It has GM cast right on it, and it was bought to replace a gm axle, so I will bet money it is a GM axle! :D

Did I screw up?:confused: if so, 50 bucks down the tube, but i still got something.

What year truck did it come out of? Could be a 10bolt as GM used them in the 3/4 ton 4x4 trucks right up to the IFS changeover. They started in 79-80 depending on model and availablity

Back