• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

5" MBRP Catback

Big White

Reaction score
I'm wondering what I can do in addition to the stock hangers to try and secure the exhaust (the cat back portion) a tad bit more. I had the wif drive my truck home the other day while I followed and noticed that the exhaust would shimmy side to side when hitting some uneven pavement/bumps.

Any suggestions?

Gracias.

go to a muffler shop, alot of the aftermarket systems use the older style rubber strap pieces. they get clamped or welded to the pipe and bolted to the frame. those things have enough give when they need to, but are pretty stiff otherwise.

you can also try pushing the hangers farther into the rubber jammers and put a small hose clamp on the other side to keep the hanger from moving in teh rubber.

5" cat back system

what did you end up doing to fix your prob??

...used Kyle's suggestion...just pushed the hangers through the rubber mounts further (the stop on the hanger holds firmly in place). In fact, after getting my rig washed today the person that folded my passenger side mirror back out pushed it a bit beyond the lock position...I ended up backing into a snow bank next to my drive by accident on the exhaust side...got out and gave the exhaust a couple of good nudges and its still solid as ever. Worked well and it was a free fix...best kind. Thanks Kyle and dieseltowingresource.com.

Back