• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

5.3L - MBRP??

I would like to know this also. I would like to put an aftermarket exhaust on the wife's Tahoe. But, it can not be loud or she will make me put the old crap back on. A little noise will be okay but not super loud.

Does not anybody on here have an aftermarket exhaust on a gasser?

I ran a Magnaflow on my wifes 2500 Sub that has a 6.0L gas. Sounds real nice. Have yet to hear a MBRP on one. If you know witch one you want I can get it for you at a great deal but sorry I don't have much back ground on them.

I don't either. I too have a Magnaflow on my wifes 5.3 Suburban and it sounds awesome as far as I'm concerned. It helped bring some life back into it after we installed the 33's on 20" Rock Stars on it. That coupled with an Intake and an Edge EVO tuner made it feel like a new truck.

I ran a Magnaflow on my wifes 2500 Sub that has a 6.0L gas. Sounds real nice. Have yet to hear a MBRP on one. If you know witch one you want I can get it for you at a great deal but sorry I don't have much back ground on them.

I don't either. I too have a Magnaflow on my wifes 5.3 Suburban and it sounds awesome as far as I'm concerned. It helped bring some life back into it after we installed the 33's on 20" Rock Stars on it. That coupled with an Intake and an Edge EVO tuner made it feel like a new truck.

I ran a S&B on mine (6.0L)

I need totune it still. Just need to find a tuner for EFI on that engine.

S&B here too. Me and Nick think just alike:)

Hey you guys fighting over business cause if so I will give both you guys a time out.):h

Haha, that's funny because me a Nick talked about this, this morning for an hour. It was not about me an him fighting for business, it was other people. Just funny that you brought this up in this thread...:D

never heard one. i had magnaflow on my 05 1500 sierra sounded awsome well worth the money. sounded good under acceleration but when driveing on the highway no drone or annoying noises. i had it exit infront of the passenger side rear tire dual from muffler back.

Haha, that's funny because me a Nick talked about this, this morning for an hour. It was not about me an him fighting for business, it was other people. Just funny that you brought this up in this thread...:D

Yeah, just giving you guys a hard time. I know you guys don't like that.

i have a magnaflow on my 2500hd 6.0 gasser and i love it... bit pricey but very little cab noise, full stainless, and sounds good... im running a spectre cai... as for tuners for a gasser i would suggest a blackbear performance tune or nelson performance

Do you have to send out the PCM or does Nelson offer programmers? What did it do for you? Did you feel any difference?

with nelson i paid $375 for a new pcm all programmed then they send it to you and then when you send in your old pcm they refund you the $75 deposit... so it only cost me $300 and they can do so much more than the handhelds... they can take off different precentages of torque management, and change tunes for different add ons that you have such as exhaust and intakes and stuff... plus if you ever change anything such as cam or intake or w/e, its lifetime reprograms just have to pay shipping back and forth each time... i really like it... it added alot more than when i had my handheld hypertech... check out their site or blackbear performance actually has a tune where they tune it to your driving habits...

http://www.nelsonperformance.com/

http://www.blackbearperformance.com/

Back