• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4x4 quad

aggar

Don't tear it up!
Reaction score
Thinking about getting a 4x4. Was thinking Polaris Sportsman with EFI. Wanting to go full auto tranny so the fiance can ride it and maybe get her one if she likes it enough.

What do you guys have as far as 4x4's? and How do you like them?

I've never ridden a Polaris but I had the opportunity to hop on a newer Honda Rubicon (not the Rincon) with an Automatic and it was impressive. I didn't abuse it but I pushed it pretty hard on a private butte in ID. That Honda was really easy to ride/operate, had good power (I can only imagine what the Rincon is like.), and seemed fairly capable. I rode over downed trees and across logging roads.

Loved my Grizzly, tranny was great, 4x4 worked awesome.Would have loved to try the new FI power steering model though.

Ive always been a Honda guy but i Dont like their trans or the extra grand for the comparable bike.

Ive got some friends with sportsman 700's and they like them but have problems with the rear suspension and over heating on trailrides.

Good luck in your choice.

I have a grizz now but have always had Polaris. I can vouch for 3 Sportsman 500's, a 700, and 2 Scramblers and they were all very good to me.

I have an 02 Honda 450 Foreman and I really like it. Its a little beat up now but it has taken me anywhere I've needed to go. The only problem I've had was with the winch draining the battery. I fixed it and have had no other problems. My only two complaints are not having hi-low range and not having a locking diff. I'm looking into trading it off this year to get a bike with those two features. Right now I'm looking at an Arctic Cat 700 Mud Pro. My buddy has abused the hell out of his 02 Arctic Cat and has had to replace a rear brake line one time since new.

I'll end up with a new Honda Rincon when the time is right. I loved it and it got me anywhere. I didnt really beat it but it had more then enough power.

It makes no sense to me why Honda offers power steering on the Rubicons but not the Rincons. I dont get it.

Can Am's are looking nice too but they're pricey.

I've got an '07 Can-Am Outlander 800 and to best sum it up, I'd buy it again in a second!

Last edited:
I've got an '07 Can-Am Outlander 800 and to best sum it up, I buy it again in a second!

Yep. I have a 650 Can-Am. I would buy another in a second. Really they are no more expensive than a honda. Compare the same size bikes and there is not much difference in price.

just got a new honda foreman with power steering and i like it alot so far.if your looking for a smaller fun bike for the ol lady,id look at a 420 rancher with p/s and irs.I didnt kno they made irs and p/s on a rancher till after i bought my foreman otherwise ida bought a rancher instead.But really any wheeler that can go threw mudd,up hills threw tha sticks and hold a cooler full of beer will be fun.

But really any wheeler that can go threw mudd,up hills threw tha sticks and hold a cooler full of beer will be fun.

Yep, I think all of the quads they are selling these days are good ones, it just comes down to personal preference and how much you feel comfortable spending.

Yeah, here are some from our trip to Colorado last fall.

Colorado08163.jpg

Colorado08224.jpg

This one of my favorites....pulling my buddies Yamaha 15 miles back to camp when he ran out of gas.....):h
Colorado08387.jpg

Well the Quad will be on hold now that April's Cavalier quit and we gotta get her a new vehicle.

Back