• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4l80e

The biggest problem with the OBD-I system is that it really doesn't tell shit as to what is going on inside that 4L80E as far as pressures, slippage, shift commands, etc like newer OBD-II systems or today's CAN-BUS systems where you can map out shift points and shift duration to rpm input, torque and output and read it and alter it live. The ECM computer in a '94 is no smarter that my Casio Scientific graphing calculator I had back then in College, and possibly "dumber"!

I have owned my truck since 2000 and the best thing I ever done is going to the DB2 I looked up what was best year for 6.5 it said 93 had the most satisfied customers of any year and I know why it’s just better I have now put on 8000 miles and no problems with transmission I was told it would not work but I am not having any trouble

Back