• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4L80E woes

Riddle_3d

Reaction score
i figure i would post a nerw topic for my new problem on the 95 from this morning. it wont shift out of first, even using the manual selector, and gives codes:
DTC 81 - Transmission 2-3 Shift Solenoid Circuit
DTC 82 - Transmission 1-2 Shift Solenoid Circuit
DTC 83 - Torque Converter Clutch
whats kicking these? bad connection?

Ground problem me thinks.
Check grounds at the firewall dipstick bracket.
Check tranny pass trough connector/harnass for loose,corroded pins.broke wire.

If this is for teh 93 in your sig, check the trans plug to see if it is the old style that has a bolt in the middle of it to hold it together. If so I would start ply replacing the internal harness and the pigtail on the truck side with the new style as the early style plug was VERY failure prone and caused all kinds of issues.

Check all fuses with a ohm meter. Check for power to the yellow? wire at the transmission connector. Check for oil contamination in the connector. The large black ground on the rear of the intake manifold is the ground for the transmission. It or other wires may have gotten pinched or cut with the engine transplant. A tech 1 or tech 2 scan tool or GMTDscantech software and a laptop computer can tell you what is going on with the sensors in the transmission. A bad ECM can also do this type of thing. Guess how I know that.

Back