• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4L80E Transmission Temp Sensor

69Rebel

Reaction score
I'm getting a DTC for transmission temperature sensor voltage too high, along with very premature torque convertor lockup. Like, it locks up the instant it shifts into second (at too low an RPM), and stays locked until it goes back into first.
Where is the temp sensor (in the pan, I know), and where the heck do I purchase a new one?

if you can find the hummer or GM part number for that sensor, that will possibly help locate a sensor. when did this issue start? since you have a new harness, that doesn't mean that during the install a wire got smashed or even faulty "new" parts. there are a lot of parts made in china that are junk even when sourcing from dealers like GM parts. the quality has gone to 💩 since covid!

Found some... Just some availability options if you need to replace the sensor. personally I would go for Summit or Jegs over amazon or RA.
Ac Delco 12129691

Wve 5S8219

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back