• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4L80E Standalone

bowbearman

Reaction score
I'm sure this Question has been asked many time and I apoligize for that but I'm trying to make a standalone 4L80E with the factory computer is this possiable without buying a 8-1500 aftermarket controller I am looking to put it behind a older cummins. I'm looking for a wiring diagram and procedure fro doning so if possiable. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks
Aaron

Its possible, Ive (actually my brother) has done a few. My 96 still has a TCM. It is alot of work to make it factory smooth. We spent months on the first one and got it down to a point that no wires are cut.
BUT!! I dont recomend it as you can now buy a OptiShift for less than $600. You will have more in a TCM convertion just in time, design and agravation than $600. Let alone if you buy a TCM.

I do sell the OptiShift also.

You can download the optishift 'shiftware'.. Screenshot for 4L80 diesel.. It looks alot like what the graph would be for my '93 (oem) as far as speeds/gears. Cool device.

opti.jpg

Back